A naughty dog was rushed to the vets after he sneakily ate seven Easter eggs

A naughty dog was rushed to the vets after he sneakily ate seven Easter eggs

Boseley managed to sniff out the Easter eggs hidden in the spare bedroom of his 64-year-old owner, Peter Hind – and he ate the lot. Knowing chocolate is toxic to dogs Peter rushed four-year-old Boseley to the vets, where he was given medication to make him vomit.

Dog news: Should I be worried about toxic algae?

Dog news: Should I be worried about toxic algae?

Dogs are typically very ill and need immediate intensive veterinary treatment to survive.The risk to cats is smaller as they are unlikely to swim but may come into contact with the algae on the banks of an affected lake.David Grant MBE was a vet at the RSPCA Harmsworth Hospital for Animals.