In a public announcement, veterinary nurse Brogan Proud, who runs the Yorkshire Coast Pet, revealed her team has been ‘inundated’ with animals who’ve fallen ill after beach walks.
The agency said in a release on Tuesday that it has issued a warning letter to the Indiana-based company after finding as of Aug. 9 that more than 130 pet deaths and more than 220 illnesses may be linked to eating brands of pet food manufactured by Midwestern.
The Missouri Department of Agriculture and the FDA are currently working with the pet food company to determine whether any additional products contain the toxin, with the FDA noting that it is an ongoing investigation and case counts may expand.
The recall affects nine total lots of Sportmix products, but this list is subject to change as the FDA and the Missouri Department of Agriculture continue to work with the manufacturer to make sure no other products were affected.The FDA recommends retailers contact consumers who have purchased the recalled pet food to alert them, if possible.
The paper also contained no evidence that the protein in the slow loris toxin is what causes reactions to the venom or the anaphylactic response.
A man has revealed how coral in a fish tank poisoned him and other family members while he was cleaning it. The following day the entire family suffered flu-like symptoms, and even their two dogs became ill.