Vet nurse Sally Frith, who works at Derby PDSA Pet hospital, said: “Daisy has broken a new record – we couldn’t believe the number of coins she’d managed to eat, especially for such a tiny puppy.“The coins had been causing a blockage which, if left, could have been fatal so it’s a good job her owner brought her in to PDSA when she did.
The greedy dog had managed to swallow 16 stray golf balls (Picture: Matthew Lofthouse/SWNS) The cluster was removed from his stomach during emergency surgery (Picture: SWNS)‘I was horrified when the vets told me about the blockage in his stomach.
Veterinary surgeon Rhiannon Mansell and Barbara Beauchamp with Malla (Picture: Mercury Press & Media Ltd.)‘She was very bloated and struggling to go to the toilet and was really uncomfortable, but otherwise a really bright and cute little thing.
Sam Lodge, 53, needed 16 stitches and surgery to start fixing her nose (Picture: MEN Media)A woman may never have feeling in her face again after a dog mauled her nose on the street.
Well-known TikTok dog Good Boy Ollie was captured by his owner Alex Morgan recovering from surgery with a cone on, by cuddling up with Alex’s dad on the sofa.Captioning her video, Alex wrote: ‘Not my dad wearing a cone to make my dog feel less lonely after his surgery.’.
Jacqueline Durand had her ears, nose and face ripped off on the day before her birthday, leaving nothing but bone behind (Picture: CBS News)A student who was left badly disfigured after a dog attack said she is ready for the world to see her face.
Friend Donna Burgess is trying to raise the additional funds that were not covered by Hufflepuff’s insurance to help Ms Penda pay for her dog’s life saving treatment.
While veterinary science has made impressive advances in recent years, allowing many pets to be healthier for longer, vets say extending an animal’s life at all costs is not always the best option for them, and can result in bills of thousands of pounds for their owners.
Battersea has shared that they have performed life-saving Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) surgery on nearly half of all the flat-faced dogs that have been given to them over the years.
She returned to her home in Plymouth, Devon, to find the chocolate coins gone and wrappers strewn across the floor, before rushing Hugo to a nearby PDSA pet hospital.“I’d only been to the shops briefly and came back to find torn-up packets and bits of foil all over the floor, with the chocolate gone,” she said.
Dani and Bruno (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)At first, it seemed like he might be totally fine, as Dani, from Solihull, Birmingham, wasn’t sure which dino toy he’d got his jaws on, and hoped it might be able to ‘pass’ without incident.
Marie Fast, 48, has been scarred for life after her ordeal (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)A woman has been left traumatised after her lip was torn off in a horrific dog attack – leaving her screaming in agony and scarred for life.
Milo was sent home to recover after his life-saving surgery (Picture: PA) The metal nose clip made it dangerous for Milo to pass naturally or vomit up (Picture: PA) Becky said she is ‘so grateful’ to the vets and nurses who saved three-year-old Milo (Picture: PA)Ms Clancy went on: ‘Sadly this isn’t the first time our vets have seen pets who have eaten discarded PPE.
Beau looks positively guilty (Picture: Vets4Pets Lisburn)Beau, a Beagle-Harrier cross, was certainly in the dog house after gobbling up nine socks.Beau’s vets were concerned that the sock would create long-term damage in his gut and would need to be removed by either surgery, induced vomiting or a natural approach.
“But there was what felt like a lot of dog bites,” says Simon Minford, an advanced nurse practitioner specialising in cosmetic surgery for trauma patients at Alder Hey.While W54s include dog “strikes” – people being knocked over – Tulloch says records show the vast majority of cases are bites.
(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News) Diesel had surgery to remove a dead badger from his stomach.(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News)Then, soon after recovering, naughty Diesel was rushed to the vets again and they found he had eaten another sock.