Battersea has shared that they have performed life-saving Brachycephalic Obstructive Airway Syndrome (BOAS) surgery on nearly half of all the flat-faced dogs that have been given to them over the years.
Wildlife expert Frank Tunbridge said big cats are part of UK wildlife now (Image: Gloucestershire Live WS) Sightings have increased over the last five years, Gloucestershire Police confirm (Image: Getty Images )He said there's no doubt some of these animals will be out there after escaping or being released from private collectors.
She returned to her home in Plymouth, Devon, to find the chocolate coins gone and wrappers strewn across the floor, before rushing Hugo to a nearby PDSA pet hospital.“I’d only been to the shops briefly and came back to find torn-up packets and bits of foil all over the floor, with the chocolate gone,” she said.
Dani and Bruno (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)At first, it seemed like he might be totally fine, as Dani, from Solihull, Birmingham, wasn’t sure which dino toy he’d got his jaws on, and hoped it might be able to ‘pass’ without incident.
Marie Fast, 48, has been scarred for life after her ordeal (Picture: Kennedy News and Media)A woman has been left traumatised after her lip was torn off in a horrific dog attack – leaving her screaming in agony and scarred for life.
Milo was sent home to recover after his life-saving surgery (Picture: PA) The metal nose clip made it dangerous for Milo to pass naturally or vomit up (Picture: PA) Becky said she is ‘so grateful’ to the vets and nurses who saved three-year-old Milo (Picture: PA)Ms Clancy went on: ‘Sadly this isn’t the first time our vets have seen pets who have eaten discarded PPE.
Beau looks positively guilty (Picture: Vets4Pets Lisburn)Beau, a Beagle-Harrier cross, was certainly in the dog house after gobbling up nine socks.Beau’s vets were concerned that the sock would create long-term damage in his gut and would need to be removed by either surgery, induced vomiting or a natural approach.
“But there was what felt like a lot of dog bites,” says Simon Minford, an advanced nurse practitioner specialising in cosmetic surgery for trauma patients at Alder Hey.While W54s include dog “strikes” – people being knocked over – Tulloch says records show the vast majority of cases are bites.
(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News) Diesel had surgery to remove a dead badger from his stomach.(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News)Then, soon after recovering, naughty Diesel was rushed to the vets again and they found he had eaten another sock.
The nonprofit’s program Operation Baghdad Pups: Worldwide has helped more than 1,000 servicemen and woman reunite with their dogs since 2008.Courtesy Patrick BradyBecause Brady had to quarantine on a military base in North Carolina for two weeks as a pandemic precaution, Marshmallow lived with his parents until they were finally reunited.
Levi and Chico, and right, the damage to her scalp (Picture: James Linsell-Clark/ SWNS)A woman believes her dog saved her life by ‘sniffing out’ sepsis after she reacted badly to hair dye and suffered third-degree burns.
The lump started to grow quicker at the start of lockdown (Picture: My Family Vets)* Content warning: graphic images below.Please meet Bouncer, a nine-year-old Labrador retriever who has seen a miraculous recovery following surgery to remove a huge lump from his hind leg.
Ava’s face was badly damaged and she required several hours of plastic surgery to repair her shredded flesh (Picture: Laken Marie/) Ava was airlifted to a children’s hospital in Los Angeles, California, for emergency treatment (Picture: Laken Marie/)Mother of two, Laken, said: ‘I was distraught.
Poor Button Moon (Picture: Jam Press)An adorable dog who was left paralysed after putting on too much weight has finally made a full recovery thanks to an animal rescue charity.
Shereen Mawson had to have surgery to reattach her nose after a dog attack (Picture: SWNS)A woman recovering from painful surgery to reattach her nose after a dog attack says she was brought to tears when pharmacy staff refused to serve her for not wearing a face mask.
Neo the Neapolitan Mastiff needed a face lift to remove excess skin that was stopping him from seeing and making eating tough (Picture: SWNS)Having a few wrinkles is no big deal.
Sausage dog Peanut after his surgery (Picture: SWNS)‘I took him straight to the vets and they said he had intervertebral disc disease.He had an operation which involved having his spinal discs ‘shaved’ and left him with 13 staples in his back (Picture: SWNS).