Little Mabel had to be rushed to the vets for emergency treatment after eating uncooked pizza dough which continued to rise in her stomach.(Image: Gail Chalmers) Mabel's owners Lucy and Claire were testing out their new pizza oven.
(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News) Diesel had surgery to remove a dead badger from his stomach.(Image: Warren Gunn/Cambridge News)Then, soon after recovering, naughty Diesel was rushed to the vets again and they found he had eaten another sock.
If you think your cat eats too fast, you can try to take the food away for a moment, let him digest the food and then see if he's really hungry for more and only then feed them more food.
Bandit died after swallowing litter left on a beach, leaving his family including their five-year-old son heartbroken (Picture: MEN Media)A family has urged others not to litter on beaches after their dog died from eating barbecue leftovers scattered on sand dunes.
Lost in the ruff: The 26 golf balls removed from Alfie the dog’s stomach (Picture: SWNS)A trip to the vet – and a few barfed balls later – revealed total of 26 golf balls had got stuck inside his stomach.
The ring with the large stone and smaller diamonds (Picture: Caters)Though she had no idea of the cost, the ring was special to Shelby because her fiance Alejandro Morales, 30, picked out one that looks like Hummingbirds to remember her grandmother.
The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) states that the consumption of large quantities of salt can cause pets to experience excessive thirst and urination, in addition to potential sodium poisoning.Onions, garlics, leeks, shallots and chives can prove toxic for animals, Maria Banica, a vet at Blue Cross pet charity, states.
It’s not exactly something you’d try out to see, but if your dog has snaffled some of your chocolates, you need to know how quickly and strongly you should respond.No matter how cute they are, it’s better to keep them away (Picture: Getty)How to know if your dog has been poisoned by chocolate?
Yesterday animal control officer Sharon Norton of Brookhaven, a small city in Mississippi located about 60 miles south of Jackson, responded to a tip about a dog abandoned on the side of a remote road with a recliner chair and tossed TV.
Marmite is doing okay now (Picture: SWNS)A dog was saved by vets after he swallowed two chicken kebabs with the wooden skewers still intact. Marmite underwent an emergency three-hour operation to remove the skewers – with chicken and peppers still attached – at the Avonvale Veterinary Centre in Warwick.
Roughage need: Experts believe that the grass eating habit can also be related to the fact that canines need a little roughage in their daily diet. Dr Shivaprakash mentions that there is nothing to worry about if your pet is munching a little grass every now and then.
"Using kibble as a treat throughout the day works in its place." THE BEST WET CAT FOOD American Journey Grain-Free Canned Cat Food, $23, Chewy American Journey Grain-Free Cat Food $23.00 An exception to the "minimal, grain-free food" rule: Cats require lots of protein, so giving them a weekly serving of canned, protein-rich foods only means good things for their skin and overall health, Gayer said.
After the operation, she was able to piece together what happened: he had eaten the bears belonging to a friend’s dog a few days earlier.Bone of contention: Charlie now on the road to recovery (Image: SWNS)She said: “It was very worrying, particularly as I was away from home.
Chocolates have caffeine and theobromine that can cause anything from vomiting to seizure. Even small quantities of grapes and raisins can make your pet sick with vomiting and exhaustion. Adult dogs and cats cannot digest milk and other dairy products.
If you see symptoms like lethargy, vomiting, bloated stomach or fever, rush your pet to a vet. Make sure to carry a sample of chocolate ingested by your pet for the doctor to check the ingredients.
"Dogs and cats both can do pretty well if you can give them pumpkin and then rice," Royal says. "You can really play sort of rough -- not really rough; you don't want to encourage biting or things like that -- but let them get wild a little bit."