Linda Torelli, director of marketing for the Brandywine Valley SPCA, which has three locations in Delaware and cares for more than 14,000 animals each year, credited a multipronged approach with helping the First State achieve no-kill status — and its citizens.“The community in Delaware is very oriented to pet advocacy, so we had their support,” she told TODAY.
Pig ear dog treats are linked to at least 45 cases of salmonella infection in people, according to the Food and Drug Administration and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
A new study suggests household cats can respond to the sound of their own names. Vitale, who said she has trained cats to respond to verbal commands, agreed that the new results don't mean that cats assign a sense of self to their names.
When Tess arrived at Mayhew – the London animal home established in 1886 and which received Meghan’s royal patronage at the beginning of the year – she was in a pitiful state, weighing a fraction of the healthy weight of a German Shepherd and could barely stand.
California is set to become the first US state to ban the sale of cats, dogs and rabbits in pet shops unless they are from rescue centres. Known as AB 485, under the new rules pet shop operators will have to provide records of each animal’s origin or face a $500 (£391) penalty.
The change means cats, dogs and rabbits sold by retailers cannot be sourced from breeders, only from animal shelters. A couple hoping to adopt a cat from a San Diego shelter on Friday, told NBC News the move was a step forward for the state.
Originally approved in October of 2017 by Governor Jerry Brown, a new state law will go into place on January 1, 2019 that requires all pet stores to get dogs, cats, and rabbits from rescue organizations rather than breeders.
RSPCA Inspector David McAdam said the bulldog was suffering some of the worst health problems he has ever witnessed when the pet was found in a remote area of countryside near Blidworth, Nottinghamshire, last week.
Someone very cruel left this frightened dog chained to a lamppost in freezing temperatures. Someone very cruel left this frightened dog chained to a lamppost in freezing temperatures (Picture: BPM Media)‘I then took him to Newbrook Animal Hospital for a checkup.
RSPCA animal collection officer Kelly Nix rushed the emaciated dog to the charity’s Greater Manchester Animal Hospital, but feared the worst the moment she saw the discarded pet.Tragic dog with huge football size tumour (Image: RSPCA)ACO Nix said: “When I first saw her I could tell she was in a bad state.
The animal rescuers believe the poor dogs were “probably thrown from a car” and feared they would have to be put down.Robbie Bartington, from the Woodfield Animal Sanctuary, said: We were alerted to the abandoned dogs by a friend, and we hope to give them a home for the rest of their lives, but they were in a horrendous state.“Their hair was matted for about a foot in length, and was so long I don't think a vet's clippers would have worked on them.“Fortunately, some dog-grooming friends of ours have kindly agreed to help them so we can get them into a condition where we can take them to a vet to be seen and get their vaccinations.
To this end PetsPyjamas, the online bespoke dog-friendly travel company, helped me devise an active mini-break of soft cycling and easy hiking in West Sussex and Dorset with pampering and luxury creature comforts for myself, my husband, our two sons and our miniature schnauzer.
Pinnacle officials also warn pet parents to always be prepared when hiking. For tips to safely hike with your dog, click here >> For tips to keep your dog cool in the hot summer heat, click here >>
Unfortunately, for a number of years, the state of Wyoming made it illegal to photograph game animals, including rabbits, without a permit.
Once the bacteria passes from a dog to person, the person may experience fever, fatigue, headaches, and muscle pains. If you develops redness, swelling, puffiness, pain or a discharge, around the bite area or after being licked, you should seek medical attention as it could be a sign of sepsis.