A HERTFORDSHIRE builder has invented what he claims is the world's first "doggy defence system" after his dog was nearly killed in a public park.
Petco announced yesterday that it will stop selling shock collars both online and in stores in a move being hailed by animal welfare advocates.Ron Coughlin, CEO of Petco, said selling shock collars doesn’t align with the company’s mission of improving the lives of both pets and people.
This seemed to work, and Andrews has since asked Coffey to help to overturn the government’s plans for a ban on remote-control collars.Aversive training methods, and electric collars in particular, are opposed by the RSPCA, the Kennel Club, the Animal Behaviour and Training Council and the British Veterinary Association (BVA).
We truly believe we make some of the most innovative products in the world, and we want to make sure we back that up with a risk-free ironclad 30-day guarantee.
oppy, a Shih Tzu was found by RSPCA inspectors to be iving in its own faeces and urine (Image: RSPCA)RSPCA inspector Fischer found a terrified Poppy hiding under a bed when she visited the property in Fairfield on July 14.The inspector arrived to “extremely dirty conditions” to find Poppy’s fur matted together and crawling with maggots.Yesterday the dogs cruel owners Maureen Payne, 60, and her son Robert Payne, 38, were indefinitely banned from keeping any animal in a hearing at Liverpool Magistrates Court.Peter Mitchell, prosecuting, said: "Inspector Fischer found extremely dirty conditions in the house.
Static correction dog collars, like PetSafe’s Remote Trainer Dog Collar, are designed to interrupt and decrease negative behaviors, including your dog barking, running away, digging or jumping.
Campaigners say this can disrupt a dog’s sensitive sense of smell, while other collars emit sounds which are painful for animals.Using electric collars on animals will be banned (Image: PA)The RSPCA’s dog welfare expert, Dr Samantha Gaines applauded the government’s move to ban shock collars.Dr Gaines said: “These cruel collars have been illegal in Wales since 2010 and we've long been calling for them to be outlawed in England too.
Remotely controlled training devices – e-collars or shock collars – can trigger an electronic pulse of up to 6,000 volts to a dog’s neck, and can shock an animal for up to 11 seconds at a time, according to the Dogs Trust. “This ban will improve the welfare of animals and I urge pet owners to instead use positive-reward training methods.”