Tim Dowling: the cat is using my lettuce bed as a litter tray. He’ll be sorry

Tim Dowling: the cat is using my lettuce bed as a litter tray. He’ll be sorry

The cat glides past, avoiding eye contact.“I know it’s you, you little shit,” I say.“He just sees a big expanse of raked earth,” my wife says.“Everything is clearly labelled,” I say.

Dog owner issues giant hogweed warning after pet suffers horror burns on face from plant

Dog owner issues giant hogweed warning after pet suffers horror burns on face from plant

Dog owner issues giant hogweed warning after pet suffers horror burns on face from plant.A DOG owner has issued a warning after his pet suffered horrific facial burns from a plant during a walk.

Shocking images show horrific burns on dog's face - warning to owners over toxic plant

Shocking images show horrific burns on dog's face - warning to owners over toxic plant

The four-year-old dog started developing the wounds after sniffing around a suspected giant hogweed plant, which can cause blindness, painful burns and blisters if it comes into contact with dogs or humans.

Warning about toxic plant after dog left with serious facial burns

Warning about toxic plant after dog left with serious facial burns

His owner Barry O’Connell questioned why ther are no warning signs in the area (Picture: Barry O’Connell/ SWNS) Giant hogweed is a common, cow parsley-like plant (Picture: Getty) The dog has since been put on antibiotics and has a cone around his head to help with his recovery (Picture: Barry O’Connell/ SWNS)Winston, who serves as his assistance dog, has since been put on antibiotics and has a cone around his head to help with his recovery.

Truth behind viral '1 tree for every pet picture' trend on Instagram

Truth behind viral '1 tree for every pet picture' trend on Instagram

The trend was started by Plant A Tree Co. who posted a story to their one million followers with Instagram’s new Add Yours sticker.‘We posted the new “Add Yours” story as a fun tree planting campaign where we can show off our awesome pets!,’ said the company in the .

Valentine: Tulips, lilies, daffodils, iris: Keep your pets away from these flowers

Valentine: Tulips, lilies, daffodils, iris: Keep your pets away from these flowers

Some popular flower choices can be extremely dangerous to cats and dogs if swallowed, even in small amounts.Tulips are another popular gifting choice, however pet owners are commonly unaware they are in fact toxic for both cats and dogs.

The best pet-safe houseplants for you to fill your home with

The best pet-safe houseplants for you to fill your home with

(Picture: Getty Images/Westend61)One of the most popular indoor orchids, the moth orchid flowers twice a year and likes bright light but shade it from direct sunlight and move it to a shadier spot in summer.

Mysterious bright blue dogs spotted near an abandoned chemical plant in Russia

Mysterious bright blue dogs spotted near an abandoned chemical plant in Russia

A PACK of dogs with blue coats have been seen roaming near an abandoned Russian chemical factory, leaving experts to question what happened to them.(Image: Getty)"This situation with street dogs living near an abandoned chemical plant in Dzerzhinsk, Russia, has shown very obvious welfare issues through the discolouration of their fur.

These festive plants could be a danger to your pets

These festive plants could be a danger to your pets

However, there are some Christmas plants known to be a danger to pets as they can have toxic effects on your cat or dog if ingested.

Veterinarian dr jyoti jain shares: Your guide to pet friendly plants

Veterinarian dr jyoti jain shares: Your guide to pet friendly plants

The pandemic has made a lot of people become plant parents.Dr Jyoti Jain further shares the problems which a pet can get if it drinks water from a plant vase or munches on a leaf or a flower.Korean beauty hacks for flawless skin.

Warning over sago palm after French bulldog died in owner's arms

Warning over sago palm after French bulldog died in owner's arms

French bulldog Lily became very ill and eventually died after consuming parts of a sago palm (Picture: Kate Wagner)A woman has issued a warning to pet owners about the toxicity of a common houseplant, after her French bulldog died in her arms.

Etsy is selling personalised plant pots which feature your dog’s face

Etsy is selling personalised plant pots which feature your dog’s face

These will definitely cheer you up (Picture: Meow3DStore/Etsy)If online shopping is helping you through this challenging time, then we’ve found a product that is guaranteed to put a smile on your face – a personalised puppy plant pot.

Naughty dog gets his head caught in a pot after trashing the plant

Naughty dog gets his head caught in a pot after trashing the plant

The one-year-old dog lives with his human Justin in Utah, U.S. Justin added: ‘He knocked [the tree] over and chewed it to shreds!.(Picture: @naughty_berkeley / )And it seems Berekely is in good company as many other dogs have penchants for making a mess.

'A nudge to pick up the fudge': US city flags dog poo left in public places

'A nudge to pick up the fudge': US city flags dog poo left in public places

Campaign in Springfield, Missouri, urges residents to clean up after pets as city says it picks up nearly 25 pounds of dog poo a week.

Catch him if you can: 'Eno the Emu' on the run in North Carolina

Catch him if you can: 'Eno the Emu' on the run in North Carolina

Catch him if you can: 'Eno the Emu' on the run in North Carolina.Last month, county wildlife officers were sent to “corral this emu, which did not work”, said Tenille Fox, an animal services spokesperson.

Emergency calls for pets eating cannabis surge 765% over past decade

Emergency calls for pets eating cannabis surge 765% over past decade

The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) says calls about pets getting high from accidentally eating either edible weed products or the cannabis plant itself have risen 765% over the past decade.