Vet nurse Sally Frith, who works at Derby PDSA Pet hospital, said: “Daisy has broken a new record – we couldn’t believe the number of coins she’d managed to eat, especially for such a tiny puppy.“The coins had been causing a blockage which, if left, could have been fatal so it’s a good job her owner brought her in to PDSA when she did.
‘To see her receive the PDSA Order of Merit is a truly humbling and touching experience, and it’s a wonderful recognition of the time and hard work that search dogs and their teams dedicate to mountain safety.
Hertz and warrant officer Jonathan Tanner were recognised with the Dickin Medal at a ceremony on Tuesday (Picture: PA)A retired sniffer dog hailed as a ‘one off’ for his pioneering work in Afghanistan has been awarded the animal equivalent of the Victoria Cross.
Photograph: Panther Media GmbH/AlamyBlue Cross offers free treatments – although it asks for a voluntary donation – to pet owners who live with the catchment area of its hospitals and pet care clinics.
She returned to her home in Plymouth, Devon, to find the chocolate coins gone and wrappers strewn across the floor, before rushing Hugo to a nearby PDSA pet hospital.“I’d only been to the shops briefly and came back to find torn-up packets and bits of foil all over the floor, with the chocolate gone,” she said.
Amie rushed him to a People’s Dispensary for Sick Animals (PDSA) vet, who sedated Hugo and gave him an X-ray, revealing the dog’s stomach was full of foil and needed surgery.
Milo was sent home to recover after his life-saving surgery (Picture: PA) The metal nose clip made it dangerous for Milo to pass naturally or vomit up (Picture: PA) Becky said she is ‘so grateful’ to the vets and nurses who saved three-year-old Milo (Picture: PA)Ms Clancy went on: ‘Sadly this isn’t the first time our vets have seen pets who have eaten discarded PPE.
Geraldine, a full-time carer for her son, Harley, 15, and also mum to Redley, 22, and Lewis, 17, said: ‘It’s awful for Paolo, he struggles to walk longer than 10 minutes.
PDSA Senior Vet Soo Ming Teoh, said: ‘We estimated that Bailey had eaten about half an Easter egg, which is an extremely dangerous amount for a dog of his very small size, therefore we knew he was at risk of serious disturbances to his heart rhythm or even seizures.
In 2016 he lost 40% of his weight (Picture: Shaun Fellows /PDSA/Caters News) ‘I do allow him a little treat, especially with being back at home more.
Thirteen-year-old therapy dog Max, who is joined daily on his Lake District walks and swims by thousands via Facebook Live, has been awarded the PDSA order of merit, which recognises animals that “display outstanding devotion to their owner or wider society, above and beyond companionship.”.
Max’s owner, Kerry Irving, said the springer spaniel was his ‘reason to live’ (Picture: PA)A virtual therapy dog is being honoured with the animal equivalent of an OBE after comforting more than 10,000 people around the world.
Louisa was worried about removing the tin herself so rushed her to the vets (Picture: PDSA) They had to put her under anaesthetic(Picture: PDSA)Louise took Bonnie to Nottingham PDSA Pet Hospital, where vets are running an emergency-service during lockdown.
This distress could manifest itself in a variety of ways, according to Dr Mugford, who said that, when left alone, pet dogs can chew furniture, bark, go to the bathroom inside, and “sometimes even self-harm”.
The puppy was given emergency medication by PDSA vet Paul Cossey to make her sick and prevent further absorption of theobromine, the chemical in chocolate that can prove deadly for pets .
Vets removed 34 of these Gingerbread biscuits with ribbons from the dog’s stomach (Picture: PA)Vets are warning pets owners about ‘incredibly harmful’ decorations after a dog nearly died from eating gingerbread biscuits attached to a Christmas tree.