Melissa Sinclair is calling for a ban on the publuc sale of fireworks after her dog lost the feeling in her legs due to violent shakes (Picture: Melissa Sinclair)New Year’s Eve fireworks caused a dog to shake so violently with fear that she can no longer walk.
The vets who saved Poppy’s tongue warn of the dangers of leaving pets unattended (Kennedy News/Foxhall Veterinary Clinic)The flesh on her tongue eventually turned necrotic and died, leaving Poppy with two giant slits on either side where the ball had been.
Short nosed pets are most vulnerable in hot temperatures (Picture: Shutterstock) French bulldogs can overheat and suffer sun strokes (Picture: Getty Images)If you are concerned about your dog, please call a vet immediately as heat stroke can be fatal if not caught quickly.
“We are also concerned that pet travel changes under a no-deal Brexit could spark a surge in demand for small animal vets and laboratory capacity to fulfil increased requirements for rabies testing and vaccination at a time when the workforce is already experiencing shortfalls.
Pinterest A dog dressed as a tarantula for the 2016 Halloween dogs parade in Tompkins Square Park, New York. The Tompkins Square Halloween dog parade in New York is about to enjoy its 28th year, and features hundreds of dogs in elaborate costumes with props.