Dog dies from kidney infection after overheating during boiling lunchtime walk

Dog dies from kidney infection after overheating during boiling lunchtime walk

Speedy died of a kidney infection after becoming too hot (Picture: Medivet)A dog has died after suffering from kidney failure and severe heatstroke during a lunchtime walk in the park.

Pet Survivor Awards 2018: Cat who survived being impaledshortlisted for top award

Pet Survivor Awards 2018: Cat who survived being impaledshortlisted for top award

Somehow the three poles had missed his vital organs.There was still need for two further operations, provided at Hendon PDSA Pet Hospital, but within weeks Skittles was out exploring again and his latest photograph gives no clue to his death-defying antics.WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOWSkittles the cat impaled on railings (Image: RSPCA)Skittles was rescued by London Fire Brigade (Image: RSPCA)RSPCA Deputy Chief Inspector Nicole Broster, who was one of the first on the scene, said: “In all my years with the RSPCA I had never seen anything like this.