“It was a place where the students in my day used to celebrate the end of their faculty dinners with a keg into the wee hours, so it’s got a lot sentimental value,” says the hospital’s CEO, Dr Mark Lawrie.
Paramedics persevere with their jobs despite O’Sullivan spitting and acting aggressively (Picture: UKTV) The footage is part of a new series of Inside The Ambulance (Picture: UKTV) O’Sullivan ended up being the first person to be convicted under Finn’s Law – created to protect police dogs in the line of duty (Picture: UKTV).
Dr Laura Playforth, professional standards director for out-of-hours pet care firm Vets Now, said: ‘It’s unclear exactly what causes the toxic effects of raisins but just one can kill a susceptible dog so real caution should be taken with foods, like hot cross buns, that contain them.
If it’s an emergency, you can still go to the vet with your pet (Picture: Getty Images/Cultura RF)With the world in upheaval due to COVID-19, previously-important things like MOTs and dental checkups have gone out the window.
A: Yes. First aid is an emergency procedure to save the life of your pet, so anybody who observes the injury or trauma first can provide aid.Your presence of mind in letting your vet know about the ingested poison can save your pet’s life.
Isla Williams had been trying to stroke the dog (Picture: Wessex News)A two-year-old girl was nearly blinded during a family day out after a dog lunged for her face, narrowly missing her eye. The dog lunged for her face (Picture: Wessex News).
Marmite is doing okay now (Picture: SWNS)A dog was saved by vets after he swallowed two chicken kebabs with the wooden skewers still intact. Marmite underwent an emergency three-hour operation to remove the skewers – with chicken and peppers still attached – at the Avonvale Veterinary Centre in Warwick.
A MIRACLE saw a pet survived being trapped in a near-freezing swimming pool for six hours because of its desperate doggy-paddle and the brilliance of emergency vets.
An Air Canada pilot is being hailed as a hero after his plane, traveling from Tel Aviv to Toronto, experienced a heating system malfunction in the plane’s cargo hold. The pilot diverted the plane to Frankfurt, Germany where Simba was placed on a new flight.
Suspecting Luna had swallowed lily pollen, the quick-thinking owner knew her pet needed expensive emergency treatment. Veterinary care assistant at PDSA Jemma Hughes explains: “Lilies have become quite popular in Easter bouquets, but all parts of the plant, including the flower and leaves are toxic to cats.
He carefully pulls the dog backwards from the rocks (Picture: North Charleston Fire Department) Bikers had heard it whimpering and contacted emergency services (Picture: North Charleston Fire Department) The puppy was so happy to be free (Picture: North Charleston Fire Department)The heartwarming moment that follows shows how grateful the pup is to be free.
Hero dogs of London attacks at Borough Market (Image: PDSA)Nineteen search dogs played a vital role in the aftermath of the onslaught on the capital, seeking suspects and detecting explosives to keep the public safe when terrorists struck at both London and Westminster Bridges as well as Borough Market two years ago.
“But it’s not unusual to see someone with a hip fracture from falling during a dog walk which unfortunately can be a life-altering injury.” People most at risk are women over the age of 65, according a University of Pennsylvania Medicine study published Wednesday in JAMA Surgery.
There are plenty of animal charities in the UK ready to offer help.” It is not known how long Mario was tied to fence (Image: RSPCA) Lead and chain used to tie Mario to fence show signs of wear (Image: RSPCA) Appealing for help to trace those who abandoned Mario, the RSPCA investigator urged angry members of the public not to call its emergency line unless they had information.
“It took about four days for Charlie to recover at home as his muscles were sore and I also had to keep him calm, which wasn’t easy.” With the coldest weather of the winter striking the UK this week, bringing snows and heavy frosts, Vets Now are warning how pets can be at risk from heat stroke and hyperthermia – conditions normally associated with hot summer months.
"Deadly scorpion" sparked fear on the streets (Image: RSPCA) RSPCA animal collection officer Paula Jones responded to the emergency, finding the callers had cordoned off the venomous creature with cones while also keeping the public at a safe distance.
The terrifying view the puppy would have had of red-tailed hawk (Image: GETTY) Red-tailed hawk swooping down on squirrel (Image: GETTY) In a reminder to pet owners to beware the threat from wild creatures, the Austin Animal Center told Facebook followers: “This teeny tiny guy was picked up by a hawk and then subsequently dropped from mid-air.