Mum and kids in hospital after vicious dog attack during Easter egg hunt in park

Mum and kids in hospital after vicious dog attack during Easter egg hunt in park

A mum and her daughter, 9, suffered from deep bite wounds during the attack, while her son was bitten on the arm (Picture: Metropolitan Police/SWNS.COM) A mum and her two children were hospitalised after being bitten by a vicious dog during an Easter egg hunt in a park.

Dog chocolate warning: Labradoodle nearly dies after bingeing on Easter eggs

Dog chocolate warning: Labradoodle nearly dies after bingeing on Easter eggs

Dog chocolate warning: Labradoodle nearly dies after bingeing on Easter eggs.(Image: Vets Now) Bruno ate a dozen Creme Eggs and several bars of dark chocolate.

Death by chocolate: Kennel Club in Easter warning to dog owners

Death by chocolate: Kennel Club in Easter warning to dog owners

According to data from the the Kennel Club, incidents of canine chocolate poisoning more than double over the Easter period when compared with other months.“Obviously there is chocolate around at Christmas, but let’s be honest, Easter is the time for chocolate, and where everybody seems to have chocolate Easter eggs,” said Bill Lambert, the head of health and welfare at the Kennel Club.

Dog chocolate warning: How to protect pets from fatal Easter chocolate - Tips

Dog chocolate warning: How to protect pets from fatal Easter chocolate - Tips

Dog chocolate warning: How to protect pets from fatal Easter chocolate - Tips.PET owners are warned to be extra vigilant to prevent their animals becoming seriously ill from eating Easter chocolates.(Image: GoCompare) Consuming chocolate can be fatal for pets.

Mum's warning to dog owners after pet nearly dies eating an Easter egg

Mum's warning to dog owners after pet nearly dies eating an Easter egg

PDSA Senior Vet Soo Ming Teoh, said: ‘We estimated that Bailey had eaten about half an Easter egg, which is an extremely dangerous amount for a dog of his very small size, therefore we knew he was at risk of serious disturbances to his heart rhythm or even seizures.

A naughty dog was rushed to the vets after he sneakily ate seven Easter eggs

A naughty dog was rushed to the vets after he sneakily ate seven Easter eggs

Boseley managed to sniff out the Easter eggs hidden in the spare bedroom of his 64-year-old owner, Peter Hind – and he ate the lot. Knowing chocolate is toxic to dogs Peter rushed four-year-old Boseley to the vets, where he was given medication to make him vomit.

Romans in Britain and Welsh rabbits

Romans in Britain and Welsh rabbits

Dewi Evans says the Welsh word for rabbit is very similar to its Romance counterparts; Brian Ayers says rabbit bones found in East Anglia are also proof of Roman connections.

Ben-Fur: Romans brought rabbits to Britain, experts discover

Ben-Fur: Romans brought rabbits to Britain, experts discover

The 4cm fragment of tibia bone was unearthed at Fishbourne Roman palace in Chichester, West Sussex in 1964 but was stored in a box at the site until 2017, when Dr Fay Worley, a zooarchaeologist with Historic England, recognised it as belonging to a rabbit.

Adorable kitten fighting for life after eating flower pollen – 'Small amount can be fatal'

Adorable kitten fighting for life after eating flower pollen – 'Small amount can be fatal'

Suspecting Luna had swallowed lily pollen, the quick-thinking owner knew her pet needed expensive emergency treatment. Veterinary care assistant at PDSA Jemma Hughes explains: “Lilies have become quite popular in Easter bouquets, but all parts of the plant, including the flower and leaves are toxic to cats.