Dog so stressed by fireworks her ‘eyes popped’ and she went blind

Dog so stressed by fireworks her ‘eyes popped’ and she went blind

Margaret Adams, 85, said Suzy the Labrador cross experiences extreme distress when fireworks season begin every year.Susan Paterson revealed on Facebook that Molly died in Wombwell, near Barnsley, South YorkshireSuzy’s story follows the news that a puppy died after suffering a heart attack during a fireworks display.

MPs to consider fireworks sales ban as anger mounts over effect on animals

MPs to consider fireworks sales ban as anger mounts over effect on animals

“That’s exactly why the Office for Product Safety and Standards (OPSS) is already gathering information on the noise, disturbance and anti-social behaviour that can be associated with fireworks, and the impact on people, animals and our environment.

Don’t let your pets be an afterthought this Guy Fawkes

Don’t let your pets be an afterthought this Guy Fawkes

Read: Kids with pets may have lower asthma riskHowever, you can certainly make things more bearable for your pets, by providing a safe haven for them during this stressful time.NSPCA spokesperson Christine Kuch told Health24 that animal owners have the responsibility to ensure that their pets aren’t exposed to the negative effects of Guy Fawkes celebrations.

If no one else, your pooch will surely rush to wipe your tears

If no one else, your pooch will surely rush to wipe your tears

Sanford said dogs who were able to push through the door to "rescue" their owners showed less stress, meaning they were upset by the crying, but not too upset to take action.