The inquest into the death of former lorry driver Keven Jones has begun (Picture: Wales News Service)A man who was attacked by one of his son’s pet dogs died of blood loss, an inquest heard.
Strap on ankle weights to add in strength training of the lower body , making it more challenging to take a step!Adding this ten-minute circuit to your walking workout will increase your strength, tone your muscles and up your calorie burn.
Keven Jones, 62, was mauled to death after being bitten in the leg (Picture: Wales News Service)A 62-year-old dad was mauled to death by his son’s American bully dog saying ‘he got me’ and ‘I’m going’ before taking his final breath.
The animal charity has launched a campaign called 'Save Our Breath' to urge pet owners to "stop seeing these pets as cute and recognise the serious health issues they face".RSPCA chief vet Caroline Allen has explained that she understands the appeal of flat-faced pooches, but that breeding for these features can compromise a pup’s health and welfare.
We’ve created generations of dogs who struggle to breathe (Picture: RSPCA)The French bulldog, who remains a hugely popular pet, faces a high rate of issues that can seriously affect their health.
A calf from last year stands alone, nibbling bramble leaves, more bored by the idleness than hungry.‘Fed before dawn, the beasts now lie cudding, eyes half closed, contented.’ Photograph: Sarah LaughtonI move among them familiarly; all born on the farm, they have been handled from an early age.
Leanne Lindsay, 42, ‘thought 14-month-old Pixie was going to die’ (Picture: Caters News)A puppy’s face was left majorly swollen after a suspected allergic reaction to a cleaning product.Owner Leanne Lindsay, 42, said her 14-month-old French bulldog Pixie started struggling to breathe hours after she used Fabulosa products.
A TIKTOK video of a Golden Retriever showing off their love for fetching rocks underwater has become a viral hit in less than a week.The Tiktok video shows the Golden Retriever, not pictured here, their love for diving for rocks (Image: TIKTOK).
Thea, a 4-year-old Sphynx cat, joined CCN's Paws for Empowerment team in November 2019 thanks to a grant from the A.J. and Sigismunda Palumbo Charitable Trust.
According to Dr. KG Umesh, Waltham Scientific Communication Manager, South Asia, Mars India, “By taking some basic precautions and paying attention to the needs of your four-legged friend, responsible pet owners can help their dogs make it through the winter in good health.
These hero dogs will come to your rescue (Picture: Jean Michel Morlot-ANENA)I’m buried beneath a metre of snow above the ski resort of Les Deux Alpes in France.
Buddy is now recovering at one of the Scottish SPCA’s animal rescue and re-homing centres.Buddy is now safe at an animal rescue centre (Picture: PA).Anyone with information about Buddy or his owner is asked to call the Scottish SPCA’s animal helpline on 03000 999 999.
Ellen Heilman has been living with a latex allergy since she was 5 — a worsening sensitivity that can leave her struggling to breathe if there’s a rubber band, balloon or latex glove nearby.“It got to the point where I really couldn’t leave my house safely.
The puppy was often gasping for air and needed urgent help when it arrived at the RSPCA’s Bath Cats & Dogs Home (Picture: PA) Despite the life-saving surgery, the poor puppy will ‘probably always struggle’ (Picture: PA)The RSPCA said French bulldogs are brachycephalis, or flat-faced, breeds that have been bred to have exaggerated features to make them ‘cuter’ to buyers.
The American Society for the Prevention of Animal Cruelty has put out a list of tips people can use to make sure their pets stay safe in escalating temperatures this weekend, when TODAY's Al Roker says more than 100 heat records could be smashed.
“We tend to say: ‘Oh, it’s a French bulldog – it’s normal for them to breathe like that,’” Opperman says. Some animals with BOAS find ways to prop their mouths open to survive the night, using furniture or toys as wedges Before Sidney’s surgery, Frankie, the French bulldog, was in theatre.
‘While there is a potential risk to pets from the ongoing swallowing of fluoride…the inclusion of the artificial sweetener xylitol in toothpastes is a more serious concern as this is much more toxic and products containing this ingredient should not be given to dogs.’
New figures from the British Veterinary Association (BVA) show only 10 per cent of owners recognised their short-muzzled dog’s breed-related health problems, while 75 per cent were unaware potential issues even existed.