A night time walk could have cost Sean his life (Picture: My Family Vets)On the evening of 18 September Sean’s owner Angela Reed-Fox took her greyhound Sean for a walk, but noticed something was off about him.
I cuddled and comforted Bolshy when he first came home (Picture: Jen Barton Packer)We met Bolshy as a tiny puppy, along with his siblings and mum, at his breeders’ house in Essex.It’s also very much what love looks like in my human relationships: with my mother, my husband and my children.
That many responsible, licensed dog breeders have closed their waiting lists, following a huge increase in demand during lockdown, while unscrupulous sellers are cashing in on soaring prices?Before lockdown, a pedigree or a designer-breed puppy (like a poochon) would typically cost up to £1,500, she said.
I’ve lived in the same place for nine years, but it’s always felt like a temporary arrangement.Now I live with a cat, and I can’t be said to own her, either.
According to a study, researchers found out that memories play at the same speed during sleep for dogs as when they are awake.The study believes that dogs sleep and images of past events replay in their minds in a much similar way as it does in human minds while dreaming.
Falling prey to parasites is the biggest trouble for dogs, especially during monsoon, and to curb this, pet owners are ensuring that their pooches remain always clean.So, one must take care that the pet is drinking clean water and ensure that they are given all the required vaccines.
Bandit died after swallowing litter left on a beach, leaving his family including their five-year-old son heartbroken (Picture: MEN Media)A family has urged others not to litter on beaches after their dog died from eating barbecue leftovers scattered on sand dunes.
A dog has been rescued in China after its owner bound its mouth with a plastic band and tried to sell it for its meat.The previous owner, a farmer, is believed to have tried selling the dog to meat vendors because he had to move house and could no longer care for it.
China could finally ban the eating of dog meat ahead of the barbaric Yulin Festival (Image: GETTY) China’s Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs has officially announced dogs are pets and not livestock (Image: GETTY)Animal charity Humane Society International (HSI) welcomed the decision and called for an end to the Yulin Festival.
Hope Solo and her husband, Jerramy Stevens, are in shock after one of their dogs was shot earlier this week.We‘ve heard that there are developments in canine prosthetics and would love any information about getting Conan a new front leg!— Hope Solo (@hopesolo).
Dogs in China’s live animal markets are often stolen as pets or snatched off the streets as strays (Picture: Reuters)A city in China has made history by becoming the first authority in the mainland to ban the consumption and production of dog and cat meat.
Pet pooches are making the work from home (WFH) experience quite interesting for their human parents.Be it taking over the laptop keyboard or snuggling up on their laps as they work on that pending presentation, pets are taking over the home workstations and even video-bombing online meetings.
That bit of happiness became @DogsWorkingFromHome, an Instagram account dedicated to the pets that both enliven and complicate working remotely.Thanks to a callout on Billie and Ollie’s account, Polchleb says he has had hundreds of submissions to the account on its first day live.
Put Kratu the rescue dog on an obstacle course in front of a crowd and watch him live his best life, even if he doesn't know what direction it may take him.
I was at my office and received a call from my husband asking me to come home immediately.I rushed home to find two small feeble chicks (kids of parrots) in a shoe box.One day the younger one slipped while trying to fly.
The ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) states that the consumption of large quantities of salt can cause pets to experience excessive thirst and urination, in addition to potential sodium poisoning.Onions, garlics, leeks, shallots and chives can prove toxic for animals, Maria Banica, a vet at Blue Cross pet charity, states.