The hungry puppy called Jimmy gave his owner a fright when he devoured the Apple AirPods which were charging in their case.Susana Jauregui, who is senior vet at Vets Now in Hull, said: “Our vet on duty that evening, Steven, X-rayed Jimmy and the radiograph images clearly showed the AirPods case still intact in his digestive system.
An X-Ray showed the stone but luckily Maui is now doing much better (Picture: Vets Now/Disney)When Paula Meanwell named her four-month-old Doberman puppy Maui after the character in the Disney film Moana, she had no idea the story was going to translate into real life.
Penny at home with Sandra (Picture: Vets Now)A dog owner is calling for a firework ban after her dog almost was almost killed when it was spooked by one going off.
In Japan’s rarified world of cat doctors, the vet Hattori is very much a superstar – but now there is a chance for English-speaking feline fans to benefit from his wisdom thanks to What Cats Want, a translation of his 2017 Japanese best seller Neko no Kimochi Kaibo Zukan (The Encyclopaedia of Cat Feelings).
The burns were likely caused by boiling water being poured on her coat (Picture: My Family Vets) A gorgeous face (Picture: My Family Vets)She was treated at Vets Now in Derby – but it took 12 weeks for her wounds to start to heal and for the pooch to regain the trust she had lost in people.
Whether coronavirus has opened up a whole new world of veterinary treatment via remote consultations remains to be seen.For now, video consultations are a very useful innovation in our socially distanced times, with the potential to open up veterinary treatment to more patients, and prevent needless anxiety for armchair diagnosticians.
Dr Laura Playforth, professional standards director for out-of-hours pet care firm Vets Now, said: ‘It’s unclear exactly what causes the toxic effects of raisins but just one can kill a susceptible dog so real caution should be taken with foods, like hot cross buns, that contain them.
He has been nicknamed a ‘unicorn puppy’ (Picture: MEGA) Vets say he is perfectly healthy (Picture: MEGA)Vets said the puppy has a clean bill of health, but Ms Steffen doesn’t want to adopt him out until they know whether his ‘unicorn horn’ will become an issue.
Pluto now follows a vegetarian (Picture: PA Real Life)Like most dogs, Pluto the golden retriever used to love meat.Pluto home after the operation (Picture: PA Real Life/Vets Now)Programme manager Robin, who lives in Maidenhead, Berkshire, with his wife Tanya, 46, a childminder, said: ‘Pluto has become a vegetarian now.
The young dog was eating glass and batteries because he was so hungry (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS) Walter collapsed when he arrived at the vets (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS) Now the dog is a healthy weight and has made a ‘remarkable recovery’ (Picture: RSPCA/SWNS)Nina said: ‘He’s the thinnest dog I’ve ever seen alive.
It’s great to hear he’s back to full fitness but his case shows just how dangerous hops can be to dogs.” Bruno the dog has a reputation for guzzling anything including home-brew (Image: Vets Now) Bruno’s owners Kerri and Frank, who live in Buckinghamshire and have asked not to have their surnames revealed, say they always have to be on watch because the dog eats anything the moment their backs are turned.
She reached her 5lb goal a year into her diet, and Allison says ‘her vet is super happy with her at the moment.’ What Bertha looks like now (Picture : Allison Hackett /SWNS.COM) She continues, ‘Now she can go up and down the stairs, she can stand on her hind legs, she can run around.
“It took about four days for Charlie to recover at home as his muscles were sore and I also had to keep him calm, which wasn’t easy.” With the coldest weather of the winter striking the UK this week, bringing snows and heavy frosts, Vets Now are warning how pets can be at risk from heat stroke and hyperthermia – conditions normally associated with hot summer months.
Mike Corry took Marley to the vets and said he will now be getting the cockapoo stitches (Picture: Terry Harris/Bav Media) Pets at Home have apologised (Picture: Terry Harris/Bav Media)Mr Corry says the vet said Marley’s tongue had been badly cut and suggested it could be stitched or rounded off.