A mum and her daughter, 9, suffered from deep bite wounds during the attack, while her son was bitten on the arm (Picture: Metropolitan Police/SWNS.COM) A mum and her two children were hospitalised after being bitten by a vicious dog during an Easter egg hunt in a park.
Spring has sprung, and with the change of season, our thoughts turn to Easter celebrations, spring cleaning and much-needed home improvement projects.It may be wise to confine your dog or cat to a designated pet-friendly room during home improvement projects.
According to data from the the Kennel Club, incidents of canine chocolate poisoning more than double over the Easter period when compared with other months.“Obviously there is chocolate around at Christmas, but let’s be honest, Easter is the time for chocolate, and where everybody seems to have chocolate Easter eggs,” said Bill Lambert, the head of health and welfare at the Kennel Club.
Dog chocolate warning: How to protect pets from fatal Easter chocolate - Tips.PET owners are warned to be extra vigilant to prevent their animals becoming seriously ill from eating Easter chocolates.(Image: GoCompare) Consuming chocolate can be fatal for pets.
PDSA Senior Vet Soo Ming Teoh, said: ‘We estimated that Bailey had eaten about half an Easter egg, which is an extremely dangerous amount for a dog of his very small size, therefore we knew he was at risk of serious disturbances to his heart rhythm or even seizures.
The cottagecore rattan is very on-trend (Picture: Time4Sleep)Research from Sainsbury’s Bank recently revealed that almost a quarter of UK adults (24%) have welcomed a new pet into their home since March 2020, or are planning to do so before Easter 2021.
There are 14 species of stingless bees native to Australia, and the most common along the north-eastern coastline is the Tetragonula carbonaria – or sugarbag – which is perhaps why it is the most popular for beekeeping outside of conventional European honeybee hives.
Boseley managed to sniff out the Easter eggs hidden in the spare bedroom of his 64-year-old owner, Peter Hind – and he ate the lot. Knowing chocolate is toxic to dogs Peter rushed four-year-old Boseley to the vets, where he was given medication to make him vomit.
Suspecting Luna had swallowed lily pollen, the quick-thinking owner knew her pet needed expensive emergency treatment. Veterinary care assistant at PDSA Jemma Hughes explains: “Lilies have become quite popular in Easter bouquets, but all parts of the plant, including the flower and leaves are toxic to cats.
An image released shows one of the so-called ‘zombie dogs’ that have been spotted in a Chicago neighbourhood.Source:Facebook“You can avoid attracting them to your yards and neighbourhoods by not leaving food out and by securing your garbage,” the department said.It’s common to spot coyotes in Illinois, especially in the southern, southeastern and west-central parts, according to the state’s Department of Natural Resources.