However, a number of critical comments from viewers started to fill her her feed.Many took offence that Chloe decided to dye Dandy’s mane red and thought it was dangerous for her pet.
One user commented: ‘You need that much attention you put your dog through the stress of dying his hair? So stupid.’While another added: ‘Abuse.’ Now Chloe has had to make a video defending herself and Dandy and explaining why she made the decision. She said turning him red was originally only for Halloween but it looked so good they continued dying his fur.
Keep Your Gum & Candy Stored Away. Many gums & candies include xylitol, a sugar substitute that’s highly toxic and can be fatal to dogs. Keep all candies and gum far out of reach of your pets at all times. Here’s a list of common household items that are known to contain xylitol.
‘He looks so adorable in red,’ she explained.
Another reason to keep him red was ‘to keep him from getting stolen. He’s a rare breed in my area.’
She added that Dandy enjoys the process of getting his fur dyed and that the vegan products used ‘make his fur shiny and soft.’
‘Dan loves people and kids but he’s 130lbs so people would get scared of him,’ she added. ‘Now people don’t get scared of him! They only smile and ask to give him attention. He loves that.’
In another video Chloe told followers that the products are completely safe. She uses the brand Opawz, which sells a dye designed especially for dog and horse hair.
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOUR PET: Nearly 80 million U.S. households have a pet, and 42 percent of those households have more than one, according to a 2015-2016 survey by the APPA. There are 77.8 million pet dogs in the U.S. and 85.8 million pet cats.
‘Permanent colour lasts for more than 20 washes,’ the Opawz website reads.
‘For creative grooming competition and professional groomers use. Long-lasting permanent colour specially formulated for dog and horse.
‘Provides bright, fashionable and unique colour results.’
Do you have a story to share?
Get in touch by emailing [email protected] .