Here are some top signs to pick on to know that your dog may be ill or not:
- Appetite change, weight loss , weight gain.
- Bad breath or drooling.
- Change in activity level. - Sleeping more than normal or other behavioural changes
- Coughing, excessive panting, sneezing.
- Stiffness or difficulty in rising or climbing stairs.
- Dry skin, lumps, shaking of the head.
- Dry, red or cloudy eyes.
If your dog shows any of these symptoms of being ill, you must immediately contact your veterinarian.
Diagnosis: Since the signs of disease are not always seen clearly, the veterinarian might recommend some preventive care testing so as to be sure of the symptoms.
Preventing care testing includes:
- Urine tests to screen for urinary tract infection and another disease.
- A complete blood count to rule out any blood-related conditions.
- Tests to identify if your pet has any tick-borne, heartworm or any infectious diseases.
- A thyroid test so as to determine if the thyroid gland is producing very little thyroid hormone.
- An ECG that screens for an abnormal heart rhythm, which can help in indicating any underlying heart conditions.
End of the article
News in Brief See All
Actress Kubbra Sait to release her memoir in 2021Actress Kubbra Sait is all set to turn an author. Kubbra's memoir about her childhood and career is acquired by HarperCollins India and it will be released in 2021. From having an insecure childhood and dealing with social anxiety to reclaiming her confidence and having a successful career, in this book Kubbra will share her story with the readers.
It's a girl! Sophie Turner and Joe Jonas welcome their first childActress Sophie Turner welcomed her first child, a baby girl with husband and singer Joe Jonas recently (July 22). While the sex or the name wasn't initially confirmed by the parents, it is rumoured that the baby has been named 'Willa' by the couple. The couple recently celebrated their first wedding anniversary.
Exclusive: How to Work From Home… With Joy by Marie KondoGiving a glimpse of her new book 'Joy at Work', tidying expert Marie Kondo shared some of her personal tips on 'How to Work From Home… With Joy', exclusively with TOI Books. Read on!
The legend of Mysore PakThe dessert Mysore Pak and the word ‘pak’ in it is a true reflection of India and the idea that the country stands for: a sweet concoction of various cultures, practices, traditions, religions, ethnicities, beliefs, and lot more.
Reduce Stress. Dr. Becker notes, “The key is to reduce anxiety triggers.” If you have a vet visit, “don’t get the carrier out the night before,” give them a few days to get prepared. If they’re nervous alone or travelling, play soothing music, or draw the shades. The less stimulus pets receive from the outside world, the less anxiety they’ll have about events outside their control.
Places where you can soak in sunlight all 24 hours!
RecipesIconic mithais fromIndian states
TravelHow to experience the true essence of Sikkim?
Fashion tips for men
DIYs using cardboard
TravelWales, the country with most castles in Europe
Oil-free snacks for all your cravings
Life StyleBeauty hacks for dry skin
TravelGorgeous Indian palaces, a walk through country’s glorious past
Smart ways to save money during travelling in India