Dr Shantanu Kalambi, Chief Veterinarian at a digital pet care platform shares some of the signs and symptoms your pet will show when not feeling their best. If your pet is showing any of the following signs, then your pet requires a vet check-up at the earliest.
1. Lack of appetite is one of the first signs of an unwell pet. It could indicate a range of conditions. Your pet might show irregular eating patterns for innumerable reasons, but if he/ she refuses to eat for a day or more, then immediately consult your vet.
2. Dullness, lethargy or a behaviour change is also extremely common when things aren’t quite right. Just like humans, even pets show signs of tiredness when unwell. They are not their normal healthy, active self.
3. Vomiting, diarrhea, or constipation indicate digestive problems. If the condition persists for more than 48 hours or you notice any blood or mucus in the face, it is recommended to visit your vet.
4. Trouble standing, sitting, or walking could indicate muscle, joint, and bone problems.
5. Changes in urination patterns, frequency, and quantity could indicate urinary or kidney concerns. Be observant of any yelping or hunching of the back while urinating or blood in the urine.
6. Wounds and injuries on any part of the body.
7. Discharge, smell, or excessive rubbing/scratching of the eyes, nose, or ears.
8. Coughing or sneezing for respiratory issues.
9. Redness, excessive scratching, foul smell, or any abnormalities on the skin. These can be signs of allergic reactions. When in good health, the skin is generally smooth and pink or black.
10. Swellings on any parts of the body.
It is highly recommended to go for regular annual vet check-ups to prevent any illnesses in your pets.
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOUR PET: The red-eared slider is one of the most popular pet turtles in the United States. They grow to be a foot long and can live for up to 20 years.
End of the article
Play Exciting Puzzles & Games!More Puzzles
Word Searchplay now
EntertainmentTimes when Genelia made heads turn in a saree
Life StyleMakeup lessons to learn from Erica Fernandes
TravelFamous Shiva Temples across the world
TVConfirmed list of Lock Upp contestants
Unbelievable celebrity weight loss transformations
RecipesHow to makePav Bhaji in a pressure cooker
EntertainmentLatest pictures of Rashmika Mandanna
Lifestyle changes to lower blood pressure
EntertainmentSanya Malhotra’s chic and stylish wardrobe
EntertainmentMarathi actresses in their best ethnic ensemble