- Cats and cats are very fond of climbing tables, window sills, cabinets and other surfaces.
- But how to solve the problem fundamentally ?
- These methods rarely work the first time. Sometimes it takes two weeks of hard repetitions to wean a cat from jumping on a table.
Cats and cats are very fond of climbing tables, window sills, cabinets and other surfaces.
Climbing higher to get a better view of what is happening is a natural behavior for cats. In nature, predators prefer to hunt from a height, rest on tree branches or high stones. The domestic cat is also a predator. In addition, people leave a lot of interesting things on the table that require study. Only now, trampling on the surface on which food and cutlery are placed is not very hygienic. Therefore, the cat must be weaned from this.Stop a cat from climbing on a table
But before you teach your pet to climb tables, think about why he does it. Napkins, plates, vases with flowers and fruits, books and newspapers – so many interesting things! Perhaps your pet just wants to sniff around and find a toy. Give him more time, entertain him more often by chasing the ball and hunting for mice. Remove from the table everything that attracts a mustachioed climber. Soon the cat will realize that it is more interesting downstairs, they play with it there, and there is nothing more interesting on the kitchen table.
laidback pet breeds
Parrots, according to the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), are the nation’s fourth most popular pet; according to a 2012 survey conducted by the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), 3.1 percent of U.S. households owned birds. Some parrots can scream as loud as an ambulance siren. These birds are beautiful, but they’re difficult to care for and require lots of space, so the HSUS doesn’t recommend keeping them as pets at all.
But how to solve the problem fundamentally ?
- Put at least pot lids, even aluminum cans or unnecessary books. Cats have a very developed sense of balance, so falling is extremely unpleasant for them. And if the fall is also accompanied by a loud noise, then you will get a double effect.
- Cats can’t stand loud, harsh noises. Therefore, when you are at home, accompany any creep of a cat into a forbidden territory with various unpleasant sounds. To do this, you can use any children’s musical instruments or squeaky toys. If only the sound was unexpected and loud.
- Cats can’t stand strong odors. For example, citrus fruits irritate the delicate scent of cats, but the aromatic oil of orange or lemon will work better than any orange peel. Spread citrus peels on the surface of the table or pour water with the addition of aromatic oil into a small container. The cat, smelling an unpleasant smell, will bypass this place. By the way, it is not necessary to get hung up on the smell of citrus fruits, almost any aroma oil is very unpleasant for cats, because. the smell emitted is very intense.
- An extremely effective tool is a conventional spray gun. Pussies are not fans of water procedures, there is nothing more disgusting for them than an unexpected cold shower. The main thing is to make sure that the cat does not associate you with these unpleasant sensations, otherwise it will develop a negative reflex to your appearance.
- Place a low, wide container of liquid (an oven tray works well for this purpose) on the table where the animal usually jumps, so that it is not visible from below. By jumping into a bowl of water, the cat will have an unforgettable unpleasant experience that can keep her from jumping onto the table another time.
Play a Nice Interactive Game of Tug With Your Dog. A 5 minute game of tug works wonders for tiring out your dog & letting him get rid of some of that pent up energy. (and no – it won’t make your dog aggressive despite the old myth)
These methods rarely work the first time. Sometimes it takes two weeks of hard repetitions to wean a cat from jumping on a table.
You will not have a question how to wean a cat to climb tables if you bring it up correctly from early childhood. The kitten must know that the table in the kitchen is not intended for feeding kittens. Do not take the baby in your arms while eating, do not give him pieces from your plate.