A puppy’s face was left majorly swollen after a suspected allergic reaction to a cleaning product.Owner Leanne Lindsay, 42, said her 14-month-old French bulldog Pixie started struggling to breathe hours after she used Fabulosa products.
She ‘thought her baby girl was going to die’ as she rushed to the vet with the dog who took five days to recover.
Fabulosa has launched an investigation, with a spokesperson saying an allergic reaction is ‘a very rare occurrence’.
‘I used the Fabulosa concentrated disinfectant, in the wild rhubarb scent, to clean my kitchen floors at around 11am’, Leanne said. ‘I diluted the product with hot water into a bucket and washed the floors while the Pixie was upstairs.
Apply house rules consistently. When your pet knows what to expect from his behavior, he will be much more inclined to do more of what you approve of and less of what you don’t.
‘I had the windows and back door open to dry the floors off and Pixie didn’t come down until it had completely dried.
‘The reacting didn’t start to show until about 12 hours later when her face started to swell, which was rapidly getting worse.
INTERESTING FACT ABOUT YOUR PET: The American Veterinary Dental Society states that 80% of Dogs and 70% of cats show signs of oral disease by age 3.
‘She was licking her paws a lot and rubbing her face against the sofa. Her breathing also started to heavy like she was struggling to catch a breath. I have never been so scared.’The distraught pet owner, from Cardiff, says she ‘couldn’t stop crying’ as she desperately rang around to find an emergency vet.
Leanne said: ‘It worst feeling in the world to think that my baby girl was going to die. I’ve never been so frightened.
‘After finding an emergency vet, I explained to them on the phone what was happening.
Make your own flea shampoo. 1 cup Dawn, 1 cup vinegar, and 1 quart of warm water. Massage in and let it sit for five minutes. According to one testimonial, "The fleas just floated in the water and died and best of all little Libby did not have any reactions at all to the process."
‘They said it sounded like an allergic reaction and asked me how her breathing was. I told them she was really heavily panting and they could hear over the phone so they told me to bring her immediately.’
Pixie was put on a weeks course of steroids and given anti-histamines to help her back to full health.
The vet believes she suffered an allergic reaction, with Leanne saying Fabulosa ‘is the only thing I had used or done differently’.
She added: ‘I just want to raise awareness for other pet owners as I wouldn’t want this to happen to anyone else’s pet.
Treat Every Poop Like a Miracle aka How to Easily Potty Train a Puppy. When potty training your dog make sure to pay attention & praise them every single time they do their duty outdoors. If you treat every pee & poop outdoors like it’s the best thing that ever happened they’ll catch on pretty quick.
‘After sharing my story I received a number of comments from people who had experienced the same thing.’
A Fabulosa spokesperson said: ‘We have contacted Leanne so we can investigate the matter fully in light of the alleged allergic reaction.
‘Our customer’s health and safety, and that of their pets is of utmost importance to us and we take any reported incidents seriously.
‘If consumers use the products in accordance with safety information on the back of the pack, the product is completely safe for use in a domestic environment.
laidback pet breeds
‘An allergic reaction to an ingredient in a Fabulosa product is a very rare occurrence, however could happen if a pet is unusually sensitive to a certain chemical within the product.’
Get in touch with our news team by emailing us at [email protected] .
For more stories like this,check our news page .
Sign Up for News Updates
Get your need-to-know latest news, feel-good stories, analysis and more
Not convinced? Find out more »