Chocolate is poison for your dogs

It is delicious and uplifts your mood, but chocolate contains phenylethlyamine (also known as the love drug), which causes excitement, quickens the pulse rate, and makes you happy. However, it can be extremely dangerous for our pet dogs. Chocolate can be poisonous and even kill them. Both chocolate and cocoa contain theobromine, which the human body can easily digest but dogs can’t. Even a small amount of chocolate can give them an upset stomach. In large quantities, it can cause internal bleeding, tremors or even cause a heart attack. Chocolates also contain sugar or sweeteners. The main ingredient is xylitol, which is equally dangerous. It leads to vomiting, stomach bloating, seizures and liver failure.
In case your dog eats chocolate by accident, you should immediately seek medical attention. If you see symptoms like lethargy, vomiting, bloated stomach or fever, rush your pet to a vet. Make sure to carry a sample of chocolate ingested by your pet for the doctor to check the ingredients. This will help the doctor treat them faster and better.
Studies say that having a pet raises the chances of kids growing up to have empathy – something the world needs in abundance right now.

By Swati Tandon