Dog dies after eating brownies that contained sweetener

Dog dies after eating brownies that contained sweetener

Ruby, a Hungarian Vizsla, had cheekily stolen two brownies which contained Xylitol, a form of sweetener, which is toxic to dogs and can cause liver failure (Picture: Caters) Owner Kate Chacksfield, 51, was left heartbroken when Ruby died on October 19 2018 just eight days after falling ill – despite her owners spending £10,000 in a bid to save her life.

Why you shouldn’t brush your dog’s teeth with human toothpaste

Why you shouldn’t brush your dog’s teeth with human toothpaste

‘While there is a potential risk to pets from the ongoing swallowing of fluoride…the inclusion of the artificial sweetener xylitol in toothpastes is a more serious concern as this is much more toxic and products containing this ingredient should not be given to dogs.’