Reptile on the loose alert turns out to be dog’s TOY: 'It was quite entertaining!' SHOCKED animal rescuers mounted a tricky operation to save a sick exotic reptile only to discover it was a chewed dog’s toy.
The poor pet was discovered by a dog walker who visited the park (Picture: RSPCA)RSPCA inspector Sarah Bagley, who handled the shocking discovery, said: ‘This is one of the worst things I’ve dealt with so far as an RSPCA inspector.
The sausage roll is believed to have been laced with rat poison but fortunately Blitz’s owner Catrina Edwardson managed to stop him eating too much and too him to the vet.
However, despite his precarious position, Max ended up being rescued by a fire crew from Paddington who were called to the building in Maida Vale.
(Picture: RSPCA)Who could see that happy little face and not want to take four-year-old lurcher, Blue, home? Since then, he’s seen 49 kennel-mates taken to their fur-ever homes before him, and only one person has shown an interest in adopting him since November last year (and this unfortunately fell through).
Police and the RSPCA said that little could be done, even when a vet with forensics experience determined that a headless cat, brought to him by Snarl, had been killed by blunt-force trauma and then mutilated.
“We urge pet-owners to be cautious when grit is being spread on roads, as rock salt can be toxic to dogs and cats if they lick it from their paws or fur,” a spokesperson told The Independent.
Ms Mellor, 27, said a number of pets have died in suspicious circumstances or gone missing recently in the area, near Yewtree cemetery, adding that shortly before Honey died last month the body of a stray cat was found near the bottom of her garden.
Workmen in Bristol were forced to smash a car window to rescue three dogs trapped on the hottest day of the year. The dogs were left in a car boot on Thursday with all the windows shut in 27C heat.
Luckily, the quick thinking of her rescuer spared her.Source:SuppliedLike humans, animals can also suffer in the cold without sufficient warmth and protection.Every winter, almost 5600 animals are taken care of by RSPCA NSW.As temperatures start to drop off across the state, RSPCA NSW urges pet owners to consider the effects of the bitter weather on their pets.RSPCA NSW Yagoona Hospital’s managing veterinarian, Dr Christina Zhu, provided five tips to keep pets out of harm’s way this winter.1.
Man Banned From Owning Pets for 10 Years After Bashing Dog. Credit - RSPCA New South Wales via Storyful0:51Eastlakes man Grant Haggart, 46, was convicted in a Sydney court on August 15 of animal cruelty, after heartbreaking footage surfaced showing him kicking, punching and choking his dog after it stole a child’s ice cream and ran away from Haggart.
A dog was left to die by its owner1:03A owner left her dog to die and after a tip-off from a neighbour the RSPCA investigated the matter.