Percy gained weight thanks to a passion for chicken and leftover dinners (Picture: PDSA/PA)The three-year-old dog needs to lose eight pounds to reach his ideal weight, and will do so with the help of his owner Chloe Morrison and guidance on a diet and exercise plan from the Pet Fit Club.
Suspecting Luna had swallowed lily pollen, the quick-thinking owner knew her pet needed expensive emergency treatment. Veterinary care assistant at PDSA Jemma Hughes explains: “Lilies have become quite popular in Easter bouquets, but all parts of the plant, including the flower and leaves are toxic to cats.
Hero dogs of London attacks at Borough Market (Image: PDSA)Nineteen search dogs played a vital role in the aftermath of the onslaught on the capital, seeking suspects and detecting explosives to keep the public safe when terrorists struck at both London and Westminster Bridges as well as Borough Market two years ago.
He has to walk for his dry food from one room to the other and I hope it will help him to be slim before spring time.” Pompom with owner Joanna Klosowska (Image: PDSA) Pompom tips the scales at more than 21lb - twice the weight of a healthy cat (Image: PDSA) Mrs Klosowska put Pompom on a diet after receiving advice from vets at the PDSA.
Podgy pug Sugar is double her ideal weight (Image: PDSA) Twelve-year old Sugar piled on the pounds by not getting enough exercise but she has now been selected for the PDSA’s famous Pet Fit Club to help her fight the flab.
Blue Monday a crisis time for pets (Image: PDSA) Rabbits are happier when they can form social bonds (Image: GETTY) Vet Anderson-Nathan added: “Too much time indoors without enough exercise leads to health problems on a much larger scale, such as obesity.
Dog cold weather warning: Vets reveal their advice to pet owners as temperatures plunge CRUEL winter weather can be a particularly hard time for our warm and fuzzy friends who are not prepared for freezing conditions.
Cleo (bottom) and Cobi who are on the mend after being rushed to an animal hospital (Picture: PA) Senior PDSA vet Andrew Hunt said of the incident: ‘As foods rot, the mould that occurs can produce compounds called mycotoxins.
Bulging Borris the joint winner in Pet Fit Club contest (Image: PDSA) Lardy Labrador Sadie was 41 per cent over her ideal weight (Image: PDSA) Slimline Sadie has lost almost two stone (Image: PDSA) Fat-busting Borris now weighs a trim 3st 4lbs (Image: PDSA) Owner Annmarie, 46, from Deal, Kent, described how Borris has become a different animal since embarking on his fitness regime.
"Thanks so much to our vets, and to PDSA for recognising our little miracle cat like this.” Dexter - Pet Survivor of the Year after he was shot (Image: PDSA) Pet Survivor Dexter inspects his trophy and owners Ruth and John Lewis (Image: PDSA) There were signs that something was terribly wrong when Dexter returned home one morning in July covered in blood and dragging his leg.
Today leading veterinary charity PDSA warned pet owners to always seek urgent veterinary advice if animals swallow items feared to be potentially harmful.Kevin’s owners Steve and Frances Gwillim had taken their two year old family pet to the Swansea PDSA Hospital when he went off his food and became increasingly distant.PDSA vet Lucy Knight said: “When Kevin was brought in he was very unwell and had a lot of tummy pain.“We carried out x-rays and were gobsmacked when we saw this coin on the screen.
Brandy the Staffie came within a whisker of dying as vets battled for nearly five hours to remove the inch-thick piece of branch from her body.Astonishingly, the stick managed to miss major blood vessels when it pierced Brandy’s mouth, shot down her throat and finally lodged in her chest.Shocked owner Sophia-Jayne Lye rushed the badly wounded pet to the nearby PDSA Thamesmead Pet Hospital in south east London where surgeons began touch-and-go surgery.Today the owner described the horrific scenes when Brandy collapsed in the garden after swallowing the stick.The owner said: “I was inside when I heard my daughter screaming.
Somehow the three poles had missed his vital organs.There was still need for two further operations, provided at Hendon PDSA Pet Hospital, but within weeks Skittles was out exploring again and his latest photograph gives no clue to his death-defying antics.WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE BELOWSkittles the cat impaled on railings (Image: RSPCA)Skittles was rescued by London Fire Brigade (Image: RSPCA)RSPCA Deputy Chief Inspector Nicole Broster, who was one of the first on the scene, said: “In all my years with the RSPCA I had never seen anything like this.
The shocking act of cruelty saw a high-velocity slug fracture Dexter’s jaw before passing out through his neck, leaving bits of metal embedded in his skull.Yet the jet black cat’s luck held out and his miracle recovery today sees him nominated for Pet Survivor of the Year 2018.He is one of three cats, the others are Maximus and Skittles, as well as Brandy the dog, who are competing for the prestigious title in a public vote for the award from the veterinary charity, PDSA.
A report from the veterinary charity PDSA revealed that 24 per cent of British pet owners carried out no preparatory work ahead of bringing an animal into their home, a figure equating to 5.2 million people.
Ms Mellor, 27, said a number of pets have died in suspicious circumstances or gone missing recently in the area, near Yewtree cemetery, adding that shortly before Honey died last month the body of a stray cat was found near the bottom of her garden.