Parrot found abandoned in Brazil gets radical new titaniam beak implant

Parrot found abandoned in Brazil gets radical new titaniam beak implant

As well as using the new beak to eat, she was using it to climb the cage in the touching footage posted by the center, which said she is recovering well from the operation.

Baby chihuaua looking for forever home after being dropped from sky by hawk

Baby chihuaua looking for forever home after being dropped from sky by hawk

(Picture: Jennifer Olohan /SWNS.COM) An animal shelter has been inundated with requests to adopt a puppy that was snatched and dumped on a building site by a hawk.

'It's a miracle' Puppy survives being plucked from ground by hawk mistaking him for prey

'It's a miracle' Puppy survives being plucked from ground by hawk mistaking him for prey

The terrifying view the puppy would have had of red-tailed hawk (Image: GETTY) Red-tailed hawk swooping down on squirrel (Image: GETTY) In a reminder to pet owners to beware the threat from wild creatures, the Austin Animal Center told Facebook followers: “This teeny tiny guy was picked up by a hawk and then subsequently dropped from mid-air.

The 4 Weirdest, Most Hard to Believe Pet Stories of the Week

The 4 Weirdest, Most Hard to Believe Pet Stories of the Week

According to ABC News, a very special surfing competition was held in Huntington Beach, California, where an Olympic-style event featured some very talented canines. Toldeo, Ohio woman, Janese Walters, was left blind in one eye after contracting an infection from her cat, reported Bianca Seidman of CBS News.

Joe Biden adopts adorable rescue dog

Joe Biden adopts adorable rescue dog

Former Vice President Joe Biden and his wife, Dr. Jill Biden, have adopted a rescue German shepherd named Major from a Delaware animal adoption center.

Are Mushrooms Poisonous to Dogs?

Are Mushrooms Poisonous to Dogs?

Dr. Tina Wismer, medical director at the ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center, has shared information on which mushrooms are poisonous, symptoms and what to do when you think you dog has ingested one.